Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crazy Quilt Exhibit


Today my mom and I went to the Crazy Quilt Exhibit at the Highland Park Historical Society.  They are showcasing the crazy quilts of Addie Davis as part of the Northern Illinois Quilt Fest.  We absolutely LOVED the crazy quilts on display.  The old Victorian house they were displayed in was awesome as well!!!  I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I have to say, I was hoping for a few more quilts than they had.  In any case, we drove about an hour to get there and had a great time.  We walked around downtown Highland Park and stopped in a few fun shops.  After we went to the museum we had fun driving and gawking at the cool homes by the lake.

I took a ton of pictures.  I don't want to give it all away so here are a few highlights....
She loved George Washington.  Check him out in total embroidery.

The whole George quilt.

 
yay shoes!
 Old ironing board and iron!

 

And that's all!  Lots of creativity!

No comments: