Monday, August 22, 2011

Fabric Postcards ~ CMQG

Sunday was an awesome day!  I was able to attend my very first meeting of the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild.  Everyone was so welcoming!  It was definitely everything I was hoping for...excited quilters, great ideas, and fun, fun, fun!  

We all had a great time making fabric post cards.  The one above I finished at the meeting.  I brought some scraps left from the Frolicking Flowers Pillow, and a fussy cut flower!
 
It was simple and quick.  We used peltex as the base.  I foundation pieced all of my scraps and then embroidered with fun stitches.  Lastly, I sewed my mini quilt to the cardstock post card.  You can find printable post card templates online.  I know what you're thinking, and YES they do go through the actual mail!!!

I can't wait to make tons more!!  =)

2 comments:

Donna said...

Yep - definitely fun! And also fun to meet you!

Quiltstory said...

What a cute idea! Love it!