Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Taggie Blanket & another Pillow


We all know that I just love making taggie blankets.  They are so fun and happy!!!  I made this one for my best friend's new baby.  I added his initial for fun.  I am just loving applique right now!!!!
 

Since the taggie blanket is really only around 16" square it doesn't really need quilting.  However, I tacked down the center and a few other places using some fun stitches.
 

As always, minky on the back!!!  =)
 

My blanket stitch works like a dream.  Also, I love my new applique presser foot.  It is clear and short and fabulous.  By putting the needle all the way to the right I can get the most perfect blanket stitch ever!  (That was a valuable tip I learned from the applique class I took last month at Thimbles!)
 

Do you want to make a taggie blanket?  Well then visit my tutorial here!!!
 

I also made a "big brother" reading pillow for the new big brother in the family.  He's 3 and just loves the movie Cars.  I found this minky type fabric in the remnants bin at Jo-Ann's.  I grabbed a 27inch pillow form and make a huge pillow!  It was a big hit!!!

1 comment:

Pradeepa said...

Wonderful blanket. I love those animal prints. The cars pillow is great too! My son also loves cars. I hope you enjoy making the ruffles blanket. I am glad that you liked the instruction.