Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shoe Pincushion!!! ~ FNSI

For the Friday Night Sew In I was going to make some gifts, but then... 
I needed a pincushion. 

This was SO FUN to make!  I found it here at Sew, Mama, Sew.

 

 I've had this shoe fabric for a long time..... wasn't really sure what to do with it.  It was a little too silly for a purse.  I think this was the perfect project!!!
  
Lately, I've been annoyed because I have only one pincushion that I like.  AND I've been missing my pincushion thread catcher.


And I'm always forgetting to bring the pincushion from the cutting table to the sewing table.  

This pincushion is weighted with rice and also has fiberfill.


I loved this design because I will hold all my fun stuff.  I sewed a 'v' so the scissors would sit nicely!


 The thread catcher is DETACHABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  yay!!!  and I got to use a cute flower button.  =)


It stands on its own!


View from the top.....AND it holds my needles!

I am so happy now! wahoo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that flower button! This is a great use for that fabric. Congrats on a FNSI finish!

Anonymous said...

What a fun FNSI project! Great use of that fabric.

Bobbi said...

Love that pin cushion!!!! I haven't had the guts to make one yet but u have me thinking.....:)

Gina said...

I'm slowly making my way around to see what everyone accomplished for FNSI! The pin cusion is so cute!!! I love it! It looks very fun to make!

Pamela said...

What a perfect and unique project. I love the fabric, too. I'm eager to look around a bit.

sewhappiness said...

I've seen this tut from sew mama sew, but I haven't dared yet to make it!! I think it turned out really great, and I do love this shoe fabric!!! You did such a fine job :)
Visiting from A crafty soiree :D
xoxo
eleni @ sewhappiness

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That's great! I love my pincushion thread catcher. Mine doesn't have a place for the scissors. That would be really helpful while I hand quilt. I don't like leaving them on top of the quilt.