Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pillowcase Dress ~ Dress A Girl Around The World

My church has been making pillowcase dresses and prayer dolls to donate.  Dress A Girl Around the World is the organization that delivers the dresses to little girls all over the world and in the US.  I have been meaning to make these forever!  I have a large collection of sheets and pillowcases ready for use! 




I found these pillowcases on clearance at Walmart.

 


I was going to write a tutorial.... but I'm tired.  AND you don't really need one!
You can get all the info you need here.

I used two 7" pieces of 3/4" elastic for the front and back.
I used 36 inches of double fold bias tape for the arms/ties, although they could definitely be longer.

Do you love my green mannequin?



I'm excited to make more!  How many are you going to donate????????????


ALSO did you Sign Up for the FRIDAY NIGHT SEW IN yet????????????
You know you want to!  =)

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Gee, you changed the header again. Cute! Cute dress, too.