Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sunhat!


Pretend like my shirt matches....

I'm planning on doing a lot of hiking/sightseeing in the next few weeks, and I decided that I had to have a sunhat! Why should I buy one when I was sure that there would be a fabulous pattern online?..... well I hunted, and hunted, and just couldn't find anything that was reasonable. THEN I found a great pattern here at BurdaStyle. OF COURSE, after I finished the hat, the SAME tutorial was featured on Sew, Mama, Sew!

I also made it reversible... because, why not????

The other side...

I used my new Amy Butler fabric that I bought with my giftcard!


The fabric I used was just regular cotton and not heavyweight at all. I had lightweight fusible interfacing in my stash. To make it a bit more stiff, I used interfacing on both sides of the rim. I decided to make the rim wider too. I really wanted to keep the sun out! No wrinkles here!


tada!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Thanks for blogging about your sunhat. I recently made a few for my granddaughter (9 mos) and was hoping to find a pattern for adult size. Otherwise, I was going to try to adjust child to adult. Not a fun prospect. Looking forward to making one for myself.