Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Log Cabin Table Runner ~ IC 41

 I was sad to miss Iron Craft last week... I had a GREAT idea too... it just didn't happen.  sigh.

This week's challenge was Halloween!!!  I already made a Bling Bling Pumpkin... so what to do....


Well, about a week ago Kaelin over at The Plaid Scottie posted about a FANTASTIC Pumpkin table runner!!!  

She even included the pattern for FREE, download it here.  

It's so adorable I would have definitely paid for it....  =)  I've been itching to do it, and this week's iron craft gave me the perfect 'excuse' to work on it. 


It was really fun going through all of my scraps to find yellow, orange and brown.  I LOVE SCRAPPY projects.  =)

Kaelin uses linen as her background and it looks awesome.  I think that if I ever get a chance to make one for my mom I'll use linen.  I am just in love with this music note fabric I bought a while ago.  I seriously think I need to buy a bolt.  It's subtle gold music staff and such a beautiful creamy color.  =)


I found an awesome fabric scrap for the 'stem'.  It's got a lot of goldy/browny/orangey color in it.  I thought it would be perfect!  I think it turned out well.


More stems!

So far I only have this one block done.  I chose to start with the biggest pumpkin because I figured it would be the most fun.  yay!

7 comments:

waggonswest said...

What a great project. I love your colors and that stem fabric really is fantastic. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've seen this on a few blogs now. I like that each one is so different. I thought about you while I was at Goodwill today. No crafty stuff.

kat said...

Really a great project, yours is the first one I've seen. Can't wait to see it done.

Unknown said...

Andrea,
You do lovely work! I love crafting and such but I never learned to knit and I can only crochet a chain stitch and your pumpkin is adorable. You are very talented!

Leanne said...

Your pumpkin is lovely, this pattern is calling to me too.

Crafty Mischief said...

I just love this pumpkin block! Maybe someday I'll be talented enough to make one myself! I found you through Polka Dots on Parade. Thanks for sharing!

Victoria Mische said...

You are so very creative in doing that pumpkin table runner. Never had the skills on sewing but I did enjoy your post. You triggered and inspired me to make one of this pattern soon!