For this project I used an old t-shirt to fix up a another shirt I found at TJ Maxx!!! I just love frilly flowers! (as if you can't tell from my blog....)
This is the 'before' picture. This shirt was on clearance and I did wear it a few times. Then the rhinestone in the middle fell out, and to be honest I always kind of felt like a clown in this shirt (the ruffles were a little much for me). I like the material and how it fits so I decided to fix it up!
I cut off all the ruffles and took out all the grommets, etc. There were a couple holes, but I'm not worried about it!
Lately in blogland the Accuqulit Go! and Go! Baby have been hot items. Lots of giveaways and fun projects. Of course, I found myself wanting and wishing I had one (I fell prey to the marketing)... BUT THEN realized ... I have a Sizzix Big Shot. DUH! IT WILL CUT FABRIC. (wahoo!) An old white top was the perfect fabric for my white flowers!
The flowers needed to have dimension for this project. A few pinches did the trick.
I sewed a bit at the 'point' to help keep the folds and 'dimension'.
There was really no rhyme or reason to it!
Then I got crazy and made a few of the flowers with two pieces!
I left the thread on each so that I could sew them onto the shirt.
I put a piece of fabric inside the shirt (behind the flowers) to use as stabilizer and it worked fabulously. Two flowers sewn on! I didn't knot them until all were on... in case I wanted to reposition any!
More flowers sewn in!
After I was satisfied with the placement I knotted all of the threads! This is the back foundation piece.