Sunday, October 9, 2011

Knit & Crochet Dishcloths


On our Honeymoon we went to breweries annnnnnd quilt / yarn stores!  hehehe  At one really cool shop in Colorado I bought some beautiful yellow organic cotton yarn.  I intend to use it to make facecloths and baby washcloths for gifts.

I've never really made any before so I bought some (much cheaper) Bernat cotton yarn on sale at JoAnns.  I wanted to try out patterns before using my 'good yarn'.  
On our mini roadtrip last weekend I crocheted/knitted a few.

What do you think?

They were all pretty easy, but I learned that I crochet faster than I knit. huh.
 

 The one above seems to be the 'favorite' of people who make these.  It's called Grandmother's Favorite and can be found here on ravelry.  This knits up really quick.  I mistakenly did it first with a size 6 needle.  It was a little small and just too tight to knit.  I made another using a size 8 and it worked much better.  I think I could even use a 10 and still be happy with it.  It's soooo soft.  I'm excited to try it out!
 

The orange one is crochet.  It has an 'x' in it that makes it a bit nubby.  You can get the pattern here on ravelry.  It's a decent sized washcloth.  It's also pretty thick.
I would make it again for sure!


This is definitely the pattern that I'm going to use for the baby washcloths.  It's call the "Oh So Soft Baby Washcloth" and you can find it here on ravelry.  It's crochet and soooo fast.  I think it's pretty, and not too stretchy.  It also has just enough 'nub' and thickness to it.  I gifted this one to my sister and she's going to report back.  I made another one really quickly (out of the organic yellow yarn) and gifted it to another friend who is also going to report back.  {I gave it to her right after I finished it... so sorry there's no picture!}  I'm interested to hear how much they shrink in the wash.


 I think I liked making this one the best too... that's why it gets more pictures.


Close up!


I also made one more.  The picture didn't turn out during the day, and so that's why this one was taken at night!  It it very nubby. 
 
 {nubby close up}

It's so cute!!  I do wonder how the 'nubs' will hold up over time.  This one is also crochet, and you can find the pattern here on ravelry.  This is my husband's favorite.

And there is my 'study in dish/washcloths'.
What are your favorite cloths?  Knit or crochet?  =)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love these. I mistakenly purchased some made with poly, and they don't absorb like the all cotton ones do. Yours are cute.

Paleo Recipes said...

Hi great reading your blogg