Sunday, December 4, 2011

Potholders for my NEW KITCHEN

I made a new potholder for my 'new' kitchen!!!!!

This is not the new one... were you worried?  I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that has potholders that look like this.  I have actually put them in the wash.....once or twice.  I guess its one of those things that you use and then shove in a drawer and never really 'look' at it.  ugh.


Yep, and here's the back.  Well, we having been refinishing our kitchen for the past couple months and these ugly, dirty potholders will have NO PLACE in our kitchen.  However, I did like the shape so I took one of them up to my craftroom to make some new ones!


Ah!!!!  This is better!!  Amy Butler has a special place in my kitchen!  I even used a Walking Foot for the FIRST TIME!  I got my Gram's Janome out and cleaned and oiled it all up.  I figured a potholder would be a great first project for the walking foot!


It worked out pretty well.  Binding is annoying, but I guess that's life!!!

 

Tada!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty! You can never go wrong with an Amy Butler print. Have fun in your new kitchen!