Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Apron from Bee in My Bonnet plus some towels!

Hello Everyone!
I'm so excited to share with you my new favorite apron pattern!!!!  It is a fabulous pattern from Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.  She design fabric for Riley Blake and always has fun patterns as well.  I made the One Yard Apron and it was super fun!  (She even included a recipe at the end of the pattern... I haven't tried it yet, but soon I will!!)

I made this apron for two very special brides.  They both have the same tastes in colors so I was able to make them the same apron.  Again, always making things at the last minute I don't have very good pictures.  

The pattern was very easy to follow.

The above picture is before trim and ribbon ties.

I used some sparkly blue ribbon on the pockets.  It turned out cute and sewed nicely.  I used a fun flowery trim for the bottom.  That was VERY annoying to sew on, but it was worth it in the end.

Finished!!!  

I followed the directions and everything worked great.  The only thing that I added was that I serged the whole main fabric of the apron, and I serged the pocket sides and bottom.  I figured after some washings those raw edges would start to fray.


It's always fun to have more things to open, so I bought a little extra fabric.  I just turned the edges under to encase the raw edges and then I topstitched the rectangle down onto a kitchen towel!  



I have a ton of fabric that I'm going to use for my kitchen.  Soon I'll get those done!  Wahoo!!