Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Illini Zipper Pouch


My fabulous husband is a school teacher.  As a result we (he) gets TONS of Gift Cards.  They have been kept in many different places.... huge wicker basket, desk drawer, gift bag, etc...  In my efforts to get organized I told him I would make him a holder for his gift cards.  


It works beautifully!  I knew that he had many, many to store so I made the bag with bottom corners.  It works great!  Everything fits perfectly.  =)  


I found the fabric down in Urbana last summer.  We don't have have any nifty U of I stuff up here, just your basic patterns.  It was nice to find something different.
 That's all for now. 
 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Where in Urbana did you get the fabric? I grew up in Mattoon and my parents still live there. I graduated from UI so I'd love to buy some of that fabric.

Andrea @ Sew Divertimento said...

Hi Barbara!
I got the fabric at Sew Sassy in Urbana Illinois. They are in the Lincoln Mall. I bought it last summer. They had quite a variety so even if they don't have this specific print I'm sure they'll have something that you can use!
Good luck!
~Andrea