Friday, October 26, 2012

Ruflle Purse

The other night I didn't feel like grading papers.  I've had this beautiful Poppy fabric staring at me for a while.  I was hunting for a fun zipper tutorial when I stumbled upon Gussy Sews! I LOVE the little ruffles she puts on her bags.  You can see some pictures on her post here.


I still made my zippered bag the way I like to, but I tried my hand at a ruffle!
 

Ruffle placement was difficult because of the size of the Poppies on this print.  I think next time the ruffle will definitely be vertical.
 

Ruffle!!!
 

The beautiful back!  Love the fabric.
 

Oh, zipper!
 
  
It's a bit hard to tell, but that's Tinkerbell in there!


For the Strap I cut my fabric a width of 2 1/4".  Then I fused some leftover interfacing (Pellon 911FF) over the entire 2 1/4" x 50".  (I made it my normal way... I folded it in half and ironed.  Then opened it up and folded both of the edges toward the middle.  Then in half again!!)   

I REALLY like how the strap turned out.  The interfacing is awesome!


I think attaching the straps this way worked.  It's not completely ideal, but its fine.  I have another idea brewing... we'll see when I have time to sew again!

No comments: