Friday, November 15, 2013

Madrona Road Table Runner

 The Modern Quilt Guild did a really fun challenge forever ago.  We received a package of fabrics from the Madrona Road collection by Michael Miller.  The only 'rule' was that we were to try a new technique.


I had been just LOVING Jacquie Gering's book Quilting Modern so I decided to do something from the book.  I have also always wanted to do a string quilt, and so I settled on the Fractured Quilt from her book.  Obviously this is just a small table topper, but I had a great time creating the squares to put it together!


As you can see I just straight line quilted it in all different directions.  All in all I think it turned out pretty cool.  These colors don't match my house at all so I gifted this runner to my brother and sister in law because it matched their kitchen!


I used the remaining fabric to piece the back!  tada!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I love the technique and the fabrics!! Isn't it fun to step outside the box when you sew?