Friday, November 8, 2013

Pumpkin Table Runner!!!


Well!  I'm back!!  I'm really going to try and post ONCE A WEEK!  Wow... that seems like a big commitment now...  I think I can!  I have SOOO many projects to show you from the past year.  I've been sewing a bit here and there just no time for blogging.  Anyhow.... 

 

I'm going to start it off with my very awesome pumpkin table runner!!!  I LOVE THIS!  I started it not one, but TWO years ago.  I found the pattern from the Plaid Scottie. It is still available here on her website.  


 They are all 12" blocks of a scrappy log cabin.  I made 7 blocks because my dining room table is soo big.  It was super fun using up all of the orange scraps in my stash!!!


The beige fabric actually has music notes all over it!!!  I'm in love with this print.  I bought three yards of it, and sadly I'm almost running out..... I guess I'll just have to buy more!


I actually free motion quilted this on my fantabulous BERNINA.  I'm so in love with my machine.  sigh.  I started with the BSR, but then bailed on it.  It kept beeping at me.  I suppose I can just shut off the beep, but it seemed easier to just try my foot instead.  It worked pretty well.  The stitches aren't perfect, but no one at my house is looking that close. 


I tried my binding a new way!  I sewed it to the back and then brought it to the front.  I used my awesome #10 Edgestitch foot.  I know everyone says to use a walking foot for binding, but I just found my Edgestitch foot helped me be really accurate!   I'll be using that foot from now on.  It looks great on the back because the stitch is right in the ditch. (forgot a picture...sorry)
 

So what was I going to do with all the leftover scraps that didn't make the 'audition' for pumpkins?  They all went to the back!!!  No scrap was unused!


 I quilted with Aurifil thread.  It was so great!  I had a small spool and wasn't paying attention... and I ran out like 7 inches from the end!  I guess I should have FMQ'd bigger loops!!!  (The really amazing thing was that the spool and bobbin ran out at the SAME TIME. wow.) Anyway, I was so hell bent on finishing that I grabbed some other thread that mostly matched, and finished.  It turned out fine, but I definitely like Aurifil best!




Fun pumpkin!


Did you have any big finishes this week?????????

4 comments:

Klaudia said...

Hi Andrea,

your table runner ist so beautiful!

Greatings from Klaudia
(Germany)

earlymorningquilter said...

That loopy all over design is one of my favorite FMQ patterns. It looks really good on your table runner.

Diane Wagner said...

I love your table runner. Congrats on getting it all done. And your quilting looks great!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute!