Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What to do when the lights go out.....


The power went out at 3pm today. After cleaning the craft room a bit, I cleaned the kitchen and then realized I wouldn't be able to do any of my email work. SO CRAFT TIME! I went and grabbed some scraps. The plan : Magnets. I saw some on a blog a few weeks ago (again, can't remember where...)
p.s. the pictures stink... T is helping me, but I'm a slow learner. I'll repost better ones with his help later. (edit: new pictures are up at the bottom and top of the finished magnets! I think they worked better! You can see more of the detail.)


The supplies: Glue, decoupage, glitter (duh), scraps, cardboard, magnets, needle and thread, or anything else you can find in your stash.


I used my flashlight for circle templates and cut out the cardboard!


"Laugh" contains thin paper strips, a diecut flower, all decoupaged together.

"joyful" contains paper but no decoupage.


"heart" is two peices of paper woven together. I just cut strips (not all the way through) and then weaved them together. A little bling never hurts. I drew a heart line around in preparation for some sewing.

"flowers" is two die cut flowers intertwined together.


Finishing touches.


For 'Laugh' I whip stitched pink and yellow embroidery floss around the edge.


For 'joyful' just a simple running stitch did the trick.


For "flowers" I buttonhole stitched around the edges.

For "heart" I backstitched a heart around the 'heart' and then added glitter to the edges.

I glued the magnets on the back and then DONE! =)

Have you made any magnets??  I would love to see them!

1 comment:

LidiaZuniReds said...

que hermosos!!! so cute!! you have amazing crafts in your blog... I like all them!!