Saturday, December 15, 2012

Clothespin Magnets for the Fridge!

I get tired of boring magnets, especially ones with boring phone numbers or ads on them... you know, you get them for free and then they end up on the fridge.....

I decided to spice things up a bit!


These are crazy easy to make!!!

First!
Get your basic supplies:  
Bare clothespins
Thin magnets that are sticky on one side
Good old Elmer's Glue (or your favorite glue)!

Second!
Go to Target and get yourself some fun packages of 'washi tape'.  They come in packages of four by color.  I use them for everything now.....



Lastly!
Gather up anything else that might be fun to decorate your clothespin.

~ Yoyos ~
~ Flowers ~
~ Scrapbooky fun papery things (none pictured)~
~ Rhinestones ~



Directions to make them!

First, stick your desired tape onto the front of the clothespin... depending on the width of your clothespin you may need to trim the width of the tape.

Second, trim and stick your magnet on the other side!

(Pretend the picture below doesn't already have a yoyo on it.)


 Lastly, DECORATE!!!!

I used Elmer's glue and it worked great, although I had to sit there and 'hold' the yoyo and flower onto the clothespin until it was tacky.  I'm pretty sure that hot glue would have worked better, but that seems like more work... I mean you have to plug it in and get the glue stick... yep, I'm lazy.



I'm going to be making more today!!!  =)  These make great holiday gifts too!  Quick and easy.

1 comment:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

These are SO adorable!! I am going to have to make some of these for my future home! Pinning now!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog