Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Starling Crochet Handbag

 

I've been wanting to make this handbag for a long time.  Recently I was looking for a gift for a friend and I thought this would be the perfect thing!!  The pattern is FAB!  Love it!!!  I'm going to make tons of these bags.  Futuregirl dreamed this one up and she even has video tutorials on how to make it!  You can get the pattern here for free on her website.  


Embellishing is what makes this bag so fun.  I used a crochet flower pattern I found on Ravelry.  It just needed something extra in the center and Luckily I had a pink button in my stash of buttons!!  wahoo!!  If you are going to make this bag you first need to look at all the fabulous bags that others have made.  Such inspiration on Futuregirl's flickr group and Ravelry starling handbag project gallery.


The pattern has three sizes and I made the Large size.  I used a 5.0mm hook with Vanna's Choice yarn from JoAnns.  It was on sale this week for $2.79 a skein.  I used around two skeins so this project really only cost me $6!!!


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to take part in my giveaway!!  You have until Saturday!


1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That bag is sew cute! I never learned crochet past the chain stitch, and I haven't done that in over 30 years. Good job!