Friday, June 10, 2011

My Somewhat DIY Wedding (part 5 of infinity) : THANK YOU CARDS







I really wanted to personalize everything for my wedding. I know that people spend a lot of time picking out gifts, and other people spent tons of time planning wonderful showers, etc for me. In an attempt to show some appreciation I decided to make all of my Thank You cards for my showers.

My friend Ellen helped me so much with this process. She is a Stampin' Up consultant and I ended up buying a Big Shot and all kinds of fun die cut stuff... not to mention tons of paper and ink (that I used for my invitations... for another post). Visit
her blog to see all the fun stuff she makes.

I bought packages of blanks cards and envelopes 50% off at JoAnn's. Then I used the Big Shot and cut out all of these awesome 'flower parts' using the "Blossom Party" Die Cut set from Stampin' Up. (Well, my sister did the die cutting...)

The parts look like this....

My lovely helpers and I just put them all together in fun combinations.


All that was left was stamping a little "thank you" stamp for the finishing touch. They were simple and cute!!!

No comments: